NorthWords NWT is seeking volunteers to help us during the 12th Annual NorthWords Writers Festival June 1-4 in Yellowknife
We need people to help us with these activities:
- Spot the Author: Someone with skills in social media on Friday, June 2 and Saturday, June 3 to host the authors at the Fat Fox and to make regular postings on twitter and Facebook, to link to our partner Facebook and twitter feeds. This would be an ongoing activity during both days.
- Drivers to take our authors to various events and locations around Yellowknife.
- Drivers to take authors to Behchoko, N’Dilo and Dettah to the school visits on Thursday, June 1 and Friday, June 2.
- Workshops: set up (tables, chairs, pass out sign-in sheets, take workshop payments if needed, take photos, hand out and collect evaluations, introduce and close the workshop with a public thank you to authors and festival sponsors, take down if needed (put chairs away, hand in key). Workshops take place Friday, June 2, Saturday, June 3 and Sunday, June 4.
- Panel discussions: set up and take down (chairs and tables) audience count, take photos, hand out and collect evaluations, introduce and close the workshop with a public thank you to authors and festival sponsors. Panel discussions take place Friday, June 2, Saturday, June 3.
- Gala: set up, taking tickets, book sales, taking photos
- Blush: decoration, set up, taking tickets, photos, clean u
- 3-Minutes of Fame: take names of readers, promote other festival events, provide information, assist the host as needed, Thursday, June 1.
- Keynote speaker event: set up chairs, sales tables, take donations, sell memberships, hand out evaluations, clean up, photos. Sunday, June 4.
Volunteers will receive a ticket to one of the festival events or a pass to a workshop or a free one to one mentorship session with one of our guest authors. Volunteers are welcome to attend all other festival activities. Your assistance will help ensure we have a great festival this year.
If you are interested and available, please complete the form below and we will contact you with more detailed information. We will have a volunteer meeting to review the festival and all logistics on Tuesday, May 23 at 6:30 pm.